Preparing for the Dynamics GP 2013 R2 Upgrade
The release of GP 2013 R2 will be here soon!
Refer to our previous post at: http://www.isolutionspartners.com/?p=280 to find out about all the new features included in this release.
Some things you should think about when deciding when you should upgrade.
- Are your Server and all the client workstations compatible with the current version?
(If you are currently on GP 2013 already, the requirements for R2 are the same.)
- Will you be installing the new version on the same server or a new server?
- If you will be installing a new server, a test upgrade can be done on the new server.
- Do you have 3rd Party software? If so are they all compatible with the new version?
- Do you have any customizations that need to be updated to work with the new version?
- If you are on an older version, you may need to upgrade to GP 2010 prior to upgrading to GP 2013 R2.
- Upgrading in a Test environment is always recommended. If you are not moving to a new server, do you have a test environment available to run a test upgrade? (This is especially important if you have 3rd party software, customizations or integrations.)
- Scheduling – Upgrades normally do require at least some downtime. This means all users will need to be out of Dynamics GP. Consider all users deadlines when scheduling your upgrade. If you use GP for:
- Payroll: When do you run paychecks?
- Payables: When are your check runs scheduled?
- Sales order: How will you handle outgoing shipments during downtime?
- Purchasing: How will you receive merchandise during downtime?
- Financial: Is it Month End? Quarter End? Do you have other deadlines?
If you have questions about any of the new features, or about preparing to upgrade, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org