Dynamics GP 2013 R2 – Coming Soon!
March 21 |
Major Feature Updates to Dynamics GP 2013 R2 include:
Requisitions of the past have been connected with Business Portal. With this release the new design will start the process of multiple releases of enhancements to requisitions that includes the requisition process being a part of the GP desktop and web client and no longer relying on Business Portal. Some other changes discussed for requisitions included new capabilities, forms and actions that align with the users who actually do the requisitions.
A new app for Procurement is going to be available in the Windows store. The app will be designed for employees, including non-GP users, to enter self-service requests. It can use inventory from GP to create a user-friendly catalog with a shopping cart approach for end user requests.
A new native workflow engine that no longer relies on SharePoint to be installed and maintained. Previously, all GP workflow and approvals relied on a SharePoint engine for execution resulting in increased cost for businesses. This next release will build a new workflow architecture to make it possible to manage workflow from the web client and eventually to be used for social collaboration and notifications.
GP 2013 R2 begins to enhance security and user logins. Currently, with the multiple solutions that are connected to GP, such as SQL, Exchange, and Office, security and signing in can be cumbersome. Microsoft is beginning a new design that gives GP users a simpler login method when using multiple components. Long term, their goal will be to allow users to sign in once (onto their computer), then use that login to authenticate security for GP (including web client options), SQL, Exchange, etc. This will be a multi-phased project with changes beginning with R2.
Here are just a few of the many new features in this upcoming release.
These features are:
- Azure Backups – Backup and restore directly with Windows Azure.
- Checkbook IDs on Cash Receipt – Display the checkbook on the cash receipt inquiry window.
- Email based on Document Type – Choose who you want to email which documents to individually.
- Print remaining documents for email – Print and email in one step – available for e-mail batch processes and e-mail statement processes.
- Document Attach 2.0 – Email documents with the transaction, follow transactions from the master record to the transaction, and mass delete attached files by date.
- Reconcile bank without marking the transaction – Enables you to maintain audit trails for inactive checkbooks.
- Set default sort order for checks – Save time running checks by sorting by payment number, name, state-city, or zip.
- Payroll check date sorting – Default sort order by check date with descending/ascending sort options.
- Vendor combiner & modifier – You no longer need PSTL to combine IDs. Combine existing vendor IDs with another existing ID or combine existing vendor IDs with new vendor IDs. Vendor IDs will update for all existing records.
- Fixed assets default asset ID from asset class – A new option for asset IDs based on their class, enables you to more quickly setup assets.
- Assign items to multiple sites – Available in site maintenance, you can assign/unassign and otherwise manage all aspects of an item at multiple sites in one window.
- Take company offline – Limit company access for maintenance, assign users with access, and message users when you are taking a company offline.
- Reverse GL year end close – Open a previously closed fiscal year or edit multiple years.
- Copy and paste to GL – Copy a journal entry and paste it into the general ledger, plus, the data being pasted is validated.
Stay tuned for an announcement when GP 2013 R2 is released.
Let us know if you would like to be on a list to schedule installation of this update when Dynamics GP 2013 R2 is available.
Email us at email@example.com