Manual Payroll Check – Calculating Employer FICA
April 05 |
By Ryan McBee
The manual check process does not calculate anything automatically. All taxes need to be entered manually in the Payroll Manual Check Transaction Entry window (Transactions | Payroll | Manual Checks | Transactions button). There was a new box added to the manual check window after Round 2 for the Employer FICA, this box is labeled EFIC Amount and is only available when you enter the Transaction Type of FICA Social Security Tax or FICA Medicare Tax. Below are the steps you would take to enter a manual check.
1. Point to Transactions | Payroll | Manual Check.
2. Do not enter a batch ID. Select the Employee ID and then select Transactions.
3. For Transaction Type: Enter Pay Code.
4. Select the Pay Code for this Employee next to Code.
5. Enter the Amount of the Employees Gross Wages next to Amount.
6. Select Save.
7. For Transaction Type: Enter Federal Tax.
8. For Amount: Enter the Amount of Federal Tax that was withheld from Employee.
9. For Taxable Wage: Enter the Amount of Federal Taxable Wages.
10. Select Save.
11. For Transaction Type: Enter FICA Soc Sec Tax.
12. For Amount: Enter the Amount of FICA Soc Sec Tax that was withheld.
13. For Taxable Wage: Enter the Amount of Taxable Wages for FICA Soc Sec Tax.
14. For EFIC: Enter the Amount of the Employer FICA SS Tax.
15. Select Save.
16. For Transaction Type: Enter FICA Medicare Tax.
17. For Amount: Enter the Amount of FICA Medicare Tax that was withheld.
18. For Taxable Wage: Enter the Amount of Taxable Wages for FICA Medicare Tax.
19. For EFIC: Enter the Amount of the Employer FICA Medicare Tax.
20. Select Save.
21. For Transaction Type: Enter State Tax.
22. For Code: Enter the State the Employee is subject to.
23. For Amount: Enter the Amount of State Tax Withheld from the Employee.
24. For Taxable Wage: Enter the Amount of wages that are Taxable for State.
25. Select Save.
26. You will also need to enter any deductions and benefits separately in this window.
27. Close the Payroll Manual Check Transaction Entry Window.
28. Select Post on the Payroll Manual Check-Adjustment Entry window.
29. When you close the window, you will be prompted to print your posting registers.
30. Ensure the Employer owed FICA Amounts updated correctly this time and are printing correctly on the Check Register.