The Professional Services Tools Library is designed for use with Microsoft® Dynamics™ GP.
This document contains a list of Tools and a description overview on the functionality of each tool. This document does not contain detailed information or instructions. Please contact us if you need assistance with any of these (PSTL) tools.
Before you begin
This section includes information and precautions that will help you use Professional Services Tools Library more effectively.
Making backups: Before running any tool, make a backup of the databases that will be affected. It is important to make a backup of your Microsoft SQL Server™ data. Many of the tools will prompt users to backup their data before being allowed to execute the command selected. Make a backup before continuing with the tool operation. The tools that do not prompt users with a warning message either have another type of warning or assume that the user has taken steps to appropriately backup the data.
Additional users: Most tools will require that you are the only user logged into the company. If there are additional users logged into the company you will receive an error message listing the total number of users in the system. Make sure all users are logged out and then reopen the tool. Tools that do not require all users to be logged out are:
• Item Reconciler
• Shortcuts Copy
Using the “sa” login Regardless of how role-based Security is defined in Microsoft Dynamics GP, there are certain tools that will require users to be logged in as “sa.” These tools are: (Highlighted in Red below in descriptions)
• Database Disabler:
• Customer Modifier:
• Customer Combiner
• Customer Name Modifier
• Item Number Modifier
• Item Number Combiner
• Vendor Modifier
• Vendor Combiner
• Vendor Name Modifier
• Login/User Generator
• Account Modifier/Combiner
• Salesperson Modifier
• Territory Modifier
• Territory Combiner
PSTL will need to be installed on each Server and workstation where you want the Tool to be available.
Once installed and added to the User Home Page you will: Open Professional Services Tools Library from the Home menu.
- Database Disabler: This tool allows the “sa” user to disable any company database. Once the database is disabled, the company option is removed from the Microsoft Dynamics GP log in window. The company database can easily be reactivated.
- Shortcuts Copy: Use this tool to copy the Shortcuts options from one user to another user with the click of a button. With the Shortcuts Copy tool, you don’t have to manually set the shortcuts up for each user on the system. This is especially useful when macros are used with a window (e.g., Purchase Order entry to always add item).
- Toolkit: Use Toolkit to rebuild the GL00105 table, re-create Dex Procs, rebuild indexes, recreate tables, and check identities of tables all within Microsoft Dynamics GP.
- Login/User Generator: Use Login/User Generator to re-create all logins and users based on the users that are currently set up in your system. This tool is useful for re-creating Users and Logins to a restored database on a new server or a test server.
- Menu Inquiry Utility: The Menu Inquiry Utility allows you to see all of the commands on the menus, whether they are hidden or not, and helps identify where those commands come from (which product) and other properties of the commands.
- Acct Modifier/Combiner: You can change previous account numbers into new account numbers or combine existing accounts with the Account Modifier/Combiner tool. This tool can identify which one of these activities you are trying to perform.
- Checkbook Modifier: This tool allows changes in checkbook IDs to take place. You can change an existing checkbook ID to a new checkbook ID without any loss of work, open, or historical records.
- Fiscal Period Modifier: Use the Fiscal Period Modifier to change fiscal year definitions and reset data in the open and history tables.
- GL Master Triggers: This tool allows you to create General Ledger account master records and replicate records to another database on the same server. You can also choose to replicate these records to some or all of your companies.
- 1099 Modifier: This tool allows you to update the 1099 amounts for vendors who are not set up as a 1099 vendor for the year or a portion of the year.
This tool will only modify records that are already paid and should be 1099 records for the year selected. If you have any work or open records that haven’t been paid but were entered/posted while the vendor was not set up as a 1099 vendor, those records will not be changed. You need to execute this tool the next year prior to printing 1099 reports to be sure that work and open records that were paid in the new year, get updated.
- PM Master Triggers: This tool allows you to add a vendor and vendor address master record and replicate records to another database on the same server. You can also choose to replicate these records to some or all of your companies.
- PM Minimum Check: Use the Payables Management Minimum Check tool to set a minimum amount for your Payables checks within the Select Checks process.
- Select Checks Combiner: Use this tool to consolidate checks to match the same vendor when users are appending to an existing checks batch. This can be useful if users frequently build batches of Payables checks and select different document number ranges or date ranges.
- Vendor Combiner: Use the Vendor Combiner tool to combine a current vendor ID with another existing vendor ID. The original vendor ID is removed from the system after the combine process is finished. Data integrity is ensured as no data is lost, and work, open and history records are combined into the new vendor.
If one of the Vendor records is linked to an Employee through the Project Accounting Module, the Employee Modifier code will automatically execute to keep the Vendor and the Employee synchronized throughout the system, and prevent orphaned records in the database.
- Vendor Modifier: Use this tool to change an existing vendor ID to a new vendor ID. You will not have to manually enter a new vendor ID and reenter all open invoices. You can use the Vendor Modifier to update all work, open, and history records while ensuring data integrity at the same time.
If a Vendor record is linked to an Employee through the Project Accounting Module, the Employee Modifier code will automatically execute to keep the Vendor and the Employee synchronized throughout the system, and prevent orphaned records in the database.
- Vendor Name Modifier: Use this tool to change the Vendor Name. You can change an existing vendor name to a new vendor name without any loss of work, open, or historical records.
- Customer Combiner: Use this tool to combine a customer number into another customer number without losing any data. The Customer Combiner removes old customer numbers from the system and recalculates the Summary records to include both customers’ summary information.
- Customer Modifier: Use this tool to change customer numbers without manually entering new customer numbers and changing open invoices. The process is similar to the procedure used to change account numbers.
- Customer Name Modifier: Use this tool to change the Customer Name. You can change an existing customer name to a new customer name without any loss of work, open, or historical records.
- RM Master Triggers: Use this tool to create customer and customer address master records and replicate records to another database on the same server. You can also choose to replicate these records to some or all of your companies.
- RM Transaction Unapply: This tool enables you to unapply documents in the history table and automatically move the records back to the open table even if there are discounts and/or writeoffs associated with the document. You can reapply the records as needed. Using this tool can be a good alternative to removing history and reentering data if records were applied incorrectly.
- Salesperson Modifier: Use the Salesperson Modifier tool to change current Salesperson IDs. The result is a new Salesperson ID with no data lost or having to be reentered into the system.
- SOP Customer Item Lookup: Use this tool to store customer-specific ordering history, as well as the last invoice date and the last price used, and view that information from within Sales Order Processing Entry and the Sales Item Detail windows.
- Territory Modifier: This tool allows changes in territory IDs to take place and the process mirrors that of how account numbers are changed. The user is able to change an existing territory id to a new territory id without any loss of work, open, or historical records. Just by clicking the convert button the records are updated.
- Territory Combiner: Use the Territory Combiner to combine an existing Territory ID with another existing Territory ID without any loss of work, open, or historical records.
- Inventory Site Combiner: This tool allows you to combine Site/Location Codes without losing any data.
- Inventory Site Modifier: This tool allows you to change the current Site/Location Code to a new code without losing any data.
- Item Description Modifier: Use this tool to change Item Descriptions. You can change an existing item description to a new item description without any loss of work, open, or historical records.
- Item Number Combiner: Use the Item Number Combiner to combine existing item numbers. The old item number is removed from the system after the combine process is finished. All Work, Open, and History records are combined into the new item number.
If you are using Bill of Materials or Manufacturing with Bill of Materials, you can NOT combine parent objects, only child objects will be able to be combined.
- Item Number Modifier: Item Number Modifier is like other modifier tools in that it allows the user to change a current inventory item number to a new number without losing any work, open or history records.
- Item Reconcile: Item Reconciler allows you to reconcile Inventory. The Reconciler’s function is the same as the reconcile functions built into Microsoft Dynamics GP with one exception: only those items that need reconciling will be reconciled using Professional Services Tools Library. This can increase performance if all items don’t need to be reconciled.
- Certified Payroll Report: Use the Certified Payroll Report with US Payroll to add a project number to employees’ hourly transactions and track them on a per project basis. This tool will also capture information posted from the Timesheet Entry window in Project Accounting Timesheet Entry. You can print these transactions on a weekly report and view employees, departments, job titles, and pay codes by project.
- Employee Modifier: This tool allows the user to change an existing employee ID to a new employee ID without losing any work, open, or history records.
- Fixed Asset Modifier: Use this tool to reclassify an asset code within the Fixed Assets module. All tables throughout the system will reflect this change.
- Minimum PO/Receipt #: This tool adds the ability to prevent Purchase Order Processing from defaulting to the next PO Number or Receipt Number. You can set the default to a number before the current PO number when a previously existing PO number is deleted. You can also set the minimum PO Number default, so defaults will never go below the set amount.
Please contact us a email@example.com if you have any questions or need assistance with any of the listed Tools.
Content in this document is from PROFESSIONAL SERVICES TOOLS LIBRARY.pdf