GP 2013 R2 Azure Backups
Do you store your Microsoft Dynamics GP database backups on the same computer as the SQL Server?
How will you recover from a disaster if you lose the computer that stores your backups?
There is a new features that will help you with this. GP 2013 R2 Azure Backups.
This new feature gives you an easy way to create an off-site backup. There is a new option on the Backup and Restore Company windows that will let you backup your GP databases to Microsoft Azure storage. This also gives you an easy way to get back up and running again after a disaster.
Microsoft Dynamics GP >> Maintenance >> Backup
Choose the Company Name that you want to backup, then mark Use Microsoft Azure storage.
There are prerequisites to using Microsoft Azure backup.
- You must have Microsoft SQL Server 2012 SP1 CU2 (build 11.00.3339) or higher or you will receive the error:
2. You must also configure Microsoft Azure with the following steps.
a. Create a Microsoft Azure Storage Account:
b. Create a Blob Container:
Once you have these two configurations completed you will need to log into Dynamics GP 2013 R2 as a user who is also an administrator in the SQL Server. Then follow the path below:
Microsoft Dynamics GP >> Maintenance >> Backup or Restore
- Mark the Use Microsoft Azure storage
- Browse to the storage account created above (2a) and select the Containers tab on the top of the page. Copy the URL field.
- This will go in the URL to container field on the Dynamics GP Backup and Restore windows.
- On the bottom of the web page, click MANAGE ACCESS KEYS.
- The Storage Account Name and Primary Access Key will be required in the Storage account name and Access key fields on the Dynamics GP backup and restore window.
After selecting use Microsoft Azure Storage and entering your Storage account name and Access Key, along with the URL to container, click Verify Account to verify you have a valid connection. If the test is successful note the File Name that will be used and change it if needed.
Click OK to begin the Backup or Restore.
Let us know you have any questions about regarding any of the new features of Dynamics GP 2013 R2. See our previous Blogs at: http://www.isolutionspartners.com/resources/dynamics-gp-blog-for-indiana-and-wisconsin/
If you are an iSolutions Partners customer and would like to schedule an upgrade to this version and begin taking advantage of all the new features. Contact us at: support@iSolutionsPartners.com.