Dynamics GP Year End Release 2015 Forms and Reports Upgrade
The next Blog for year end from Microsoft Dynamics GP Community is available. Microsoft Dynamics GP Year End Release 2015 Forms and Reports Upgrade. By Sarah Purdy
This Blog will give you instructions on how to upgrade your modified forms and reports after you have installed the Year End Update.
After applying the 2015 year-end release and upgrading your DYNAMICS and Company Databases, you need to remember that if you have any modified forms or reports.dic files, those need to be upgraded as well. Here are the steps that you need to take to upgrade your modified forms and reports.dic files.
1. Make a backup of each reports dictionary or forms dictionary prior to the upgrade. The name of the reports dictionary for Microsoft Dynamics GP is Reports.dic and the name of the forms dictionary for Microsoft Dynamics GP is Forms.dic. We recommend making a copy of the .DIC files as well as exporting the modified reports and forms to a package file under Microsoft Dynamics GP | Tools | Customize | Customization Maintenance.
2. Open the Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013 or 2015 (depending on what version of Microsoft Dynamics GP you are currently on) launch file (Dynamics.set) and verify that the paths to the modified reports and forms are correct. The paths must be the location of the reports dictionary and forms dictionary from the previous release. For example, if your modified dictionaries are located out on a network share, the paths would look like the following:
:C:Program Files(x86)/Microsoft Dynamics/GP2015/Dynamics.dic
3. Launch Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013 or 2015 (depending on what version of Microsoft Dynamics GP you are currently on) Utilities and click Next to get to the Additional Tasks window. In the Additional Tasks window, select Update modified forms and reports and click Process.
The Locate Launch File window appears.
4. Select the Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013 or 2015 (depending on what version of Microsoft Dynamics GP you are currently on) launch file (Dynamics.set) that you use to start Microsoft Dynamics GP on this client, then click Next. The Update Modified Forms and Reports window appears.
5. Select Microsoft Dynamics GP and any additional components whose modified forms and reports dictionaries you’re upgrading.
6. For each component, choose the Details button, if necessary, to open the Product Details window, where you can select the location of the original dictionary from the previous release, such as Dynamics.dic or HR.dic. For example, if you are upgrading from Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013, you would browse to the Dynamics.dic in the Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013 client folder for the Microsoft Dynamics GP dictionary upgrade. If you are upgrading the Human Resources modified dictionaries, you would browse to the HR.dic from the previous release. If you are upgrading the build of Microsoft Dynamics GP and not the version, you would browse to the Dynamics.dic in the code folder that you just applied the Year End Update to. Click OK in the Product Details window.
7. In the Update Modified Forms and Reports window, click Update.
Your modified forms and reports dictionaries are upgraded, and a report named Update20XX.txt is generated, which contains information about upgraded modified forms. Be sure to review the report, located in the \Data folder, to verify that your modified forms have been upgraded correctly.
8. Click Next. The Additional Tasks window reappears.
At this point in time, you should know if your modified reports and forms upgraded successfully or not but to be sure you can review the Update20XX.txt and Update20XX.log, for more information about the modified forms and reports upgrade.
You can view the original Microsoft Dynamics GP Community Blog at: https://community.dynamics.com/gp/b/dynamicsgp/archive/2015/11/03/forms-and-reports-upgrade
You can view previous blogs on our website at: http://www.isolutionspartners.com/resources/dynamics-gp-blog-for-indiana-and-wisconsin/
Email us at email@example.com if you are a customer of iSolutions and have questions about this blog: Dynamics GP Year End Release 2015 Forms and Reports Upgrade.
Contact us if you would like us to help you prepare for Year End or to schedule time for us to help you install the Year End update.